  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:22:08 +0000

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 02:04:04 -0800, Tim Hockin wrote:
> * GMPI must provide one master clock per graph.  The GMPI master clock must
> provide sufficient range to represent several hours of time at a high
> sampling rate, and enough resolution to address individual audio samples.
> Hosts may build multiple graphs with different master clocks.

Shouldnt this be "at least one", theres no reason why the host might not
present two different timelines to two different plugins in the same
graph - if it wanted to. Isnt the intention that a give plugin should only
be presented with one distinct timeline?

Related note: I'm finding the use of standards terms (eg. must) in the
text confusing. Do you really mean MUST here, or SHOULD?
c.f. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt

- Steve