  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 20:56:14 -0800

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 08:31:27PM -0500, Michael Gogins wrote:
> Can we have a timeline for time from beginning of performance, continuing
> even if the pause control is engaged, and another timeline for time from
> beginning of performance, but exactly synchronized to position in the score?
> Call them performance time, and score time. I would think both would be
> available in sample frames and in musical units.

This is pretty much what I wanted with music-time and metronome-time.  Music
time is a positional indicator of ticks (for example) from start of
performance.  Metronome time is a free running counter of ticks.  I assumed
it would continue regardless of transport state.  People are shooting me
down :)