  • From: "Michael Gogins" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 20:31:27 -0500

Can we have a timeline for time from beginning of performance, continuing
even if the pause control is engaged, and another timeline for time from
beginning of performance, but exactly synchronized to position in the score?
Call them performance time, and score time. I would think both would be
available in sample frames and in musical units.

I don't think tempo alone will do it; perhaps the host is ramping from a
slower tempo to a faster tempo thanks to a command, say from a
accelerando/ritardando knob, while the pause control is engaged. This could
make sense in algorithmically assisted live performance.

Michael Gogins
gogins at pipeline period com
Irreducible Productions
CsoundVST, an extended version of Csound for programming music and sound
Available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/csound/