  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:09:57 -0800

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 01:45:47PM -0800, Chris Grigg wrote:
> Yeah, let's avoid the need for spec-hacking.  Support it in the data
> structures & APIs, make it general.  Assumptions like 'there should
> only be one' feel like cheating.

I think that assuming "there can be only one" in justthe rigth places (and
in well documented places!!) can make the api vastly simpler.  Conversely,
assuming there can be more than one <whatever> adds complexity.  Lets find
the places where it matters and the places where it doesn't on an individual
basis.