  • From: Chris Grigg <gmpi-public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:48:27 -0800

At 12.12a +0100 2004.02.04, Koen Tanghe wrote:

On Tuesday, February 03, 2004 4:24 AM [GMT+1=CET],
Chris Grigg wrote:

 I know there are some problems in the following long text, but
 hope it points in the right direction...?

Seems very much in the right direction to me, yes. What are the problems you see with this?

Well, my interp of Universal Time might be wrong, and I assumed what 'Metronome Time' means (perhaps wrongly), and to fix some confusions I ran into I renamed some things (perhaps wrongly). Etc etc. That kinda thing.

<ot>

PS
[totally off-topic]
By the way, Chris: I just found out you were the one who made the music for
the California Games on C64. Still need to thank you for that :-)

Omigawd, I've been spotted... what can I say? How 'bout: You're welcome!

Nostalgia is creeping up on me now... SID base address 54272, screen raster
line interrupt handling for vertically stretching graphics in real time,
screen splitting for doubling the number of visible sprites, etc... Still
think it's amazing what could be done with that 64 KB (!) machine...

Gotta agree. Some of the best, highest-performance coders I ever worked with were the 6502/6510 assembly language guys at Epyx. Maybe optimizing compilers weren't such a great idea after all...

</ot>

-- Chris G.