  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 08:49:11 +1300

> Yes, a critical question is how offline processing is handled within a
> graph. ie Can a plug request to simply grab the host's audio selection
> for offline processing, without going through the rest of the graph?
>
> For special purpose plugs like I'm proposing, it might be that the user
> simply has to insure (or the plug itself checks) that it is in a graph by
> itself, to avoid the possible complications?

It's not just this example, I think most offline plugins need to be run
solo.  If you have several, you apply each to the entire song, one at a time
(multiple passes).
  Offline plugins may have 'random' access to the audio, 'lookahead', change
the tempo map etc.  You can't stream from one offline plugin to another (in
general).

Best Regards,
Jeff