[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.9. Time - opening arguments

  • From: "Koen Tanghe" <koen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 21:39:53 +0100

On Sunday, February 01, 2004 9:07 PM [GMT+1=CET],
Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We also need UST to sync to GMPI plugins that are not doing audio
> themselves but handle streaming data running on another clock (video
> being the most example).

That seems like another good point indeed!

>> --> Maybe replace "must be associated with" by "is driven by" to
>> emphasize it's about a timeline INPUT, not output?
>
> some people have already requested that a plugin be able to set a
> timeline.

Oh yes, and I was one of them, actually (plugin analyzing audio and
adjusting tempo of a (sub)graph).
I just thought this one was only about where a plugin gets its time info
*from*.

Requirement 33 handles the case where a plugin can actually control a
timeline (so this would be a "timeline output control"):

Req 33:   GMPI must provide a way for a plugin to control a timeline. Hosts
may choose not to allow this.

Koen