[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.9. Time - opening arguments

  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:47:12 -0500

I have a question about some of the terminology used in this section.  I
think we need some kind of glossary, or different language.

> Req 29:   Every GMPI plugin must be associated with exactly one timeline
controller.

What is a "timeline controller."?

> Req 33:   GMPI must provide a way for a plugin to control a timeline.
Hosts may choose not to allow this.

What does it mean to control a timeline?

Are these questions about clocking?  IOW, is the sample rate clock on a
soundcard a timeline controller?  If so, and we're saying a plugin is
allowed to be responsible for this, then I have to agree with Mike Berry,
that we'd have a very hard time supporting this.