[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.9. Time - opening arguments

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 16:05:44 -0800

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 06:28:42PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> they can operate, but they will have incomplete information. since you
> can't control the tempo in (say) Premiere, why would you try to use a
> plugin that requires tempo information?

Right, so if that is true, we need to make it clear that Music Time is
optional, or we need to 'fake' music time info.  Set the tempo to 0 or
something.

> >Maybe it is simpler to get rid of music time and metronome time, and just
> >force all plugins to convert tempo into real time (milliseconds) and such.
>
> you can't convert tempo into anything without someone saying what the
> tempo is :)

If we require a faked tempo, even if it was 1 or 0 or something silly, then the
plugins would "work" just not beat sync.  Since tehre are no beats, that is
fine.