[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.9. Time - opening arguments

  • From: "gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:28:50 -0500

Since there is no penalty for doing it, the time span must be as long as a
reasonable choice of data type will allow; not hours but as long as
feasible with a long or long long or something, even if that's centuries or
whatever.

It should be possible to switch back and forth between sample time and
music time without introducing an error in sample time or music time (if
possible - I'm not sure). That means, the resolution of music time must be
at least as great as sample time - probably, greater.

It would be nice to spell out the required time format conversions.