[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.8 Events - gesture start/end

  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 22:24:35 +0000

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 10:46:48 -0700, Mike Berry wrote:
> >But that means that all plugins have to be able to interpret touch
> >automation data (or indicate that they cant) - and I still dont see why -
> >except to allow some hosts to be simpler, but I think thats not a good
> >reason.
>
>       No, I don't think that these are the only two cases. A plugin can
> choose to simply ignore gesture start/end events. That's not very
> complicated.

It still has to ignore the other events that are being overriden by the
gestural start.

> >Are there any advantages to plugins handling touch automation data other
> >than host simplicity?
>
>       I think that that is a good enough reason. Should every GMPI host be
> required to support automation?

Well, only those that need it - I dont see theres any complication there.
If the host doesnt need gesture clues it can just ignore them, though that
implies that is has no alternaive data stream - if there is then is has to
be culled somewhere, and I'd rather every plugin didnt have to handle it.