[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.8

  • From: Kord F Taylor <syntropique@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:09:55 -0800

Hi Again,

So I am "only a simple marketing person" (anyone see the caveman lawyer skit
on Saturday Night Live?), but I the statement below made me think of all the
apps (hosts?) that must run "native" (VST/RTAS/etc on PPC, Intel) plugs
concurrently with dedicated DSP plugs (TDM/PowerCore/UAD1).

Would this count as an answer, oh "nation of smarties" :^).

Also what about when you might run fp as your channel inserts and some int
HW compression plug on the outputs (surround encoding, etc...)?

on 12/12/03 1:46 AM, Steve Harris at S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> 3) WHY? No-one has come up with a single good argument why one host would
>  want to support plugins with two different datatypes.

Cheers,

--kT

Kord Taylor
Wave Distribution