[gmpi] Re: Req 76,78

  • From: Jeff McClintock <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 14:54:57 +1300

> All I can say is that, for myself, this makes GMPI totally useless, as I
> can't imagine myself separating UI & process in my own code, & there's
> probably quite a lot of coding overhead doing that.
> Of course I can only speak for myself, but I can't imagine anyone happy
> with that requirement.

Heh, A little secret, SynthEdit has the same restriction. Some Plugin coders ignore it. They use the 'official' API to pass the plugin 'this' pointer to the GUI. Thereby bypassing the restriction.

We can't force coders to do things the thread-safe way. If you really want to break the rule, nothing's stopping you.

Cleanly separating GUI and Audio code is a natural consequence of good design. If good design to you is "completely useless", stick with VST, you won't be dissapointed.

Best Regards,
Jeff