[gmpi] Re: Req 76,78

  • From: "Didier Dambrin" <didid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 02:25:44 +0100

One of GMPI requirements is that the GUI must be capable of running in it's own process, or over a network.

uh? I must have missed that.

All I can say is that, for myself, this makes GMPI totally useless, as I can't imagine myself separating UI & process in my own code, & there's probably quite a lot of coding overhead doing that.
Of course I can only speak for myself, but I can't imagine anyone happy with that requirement.

I remember this was some kind of requirement for ReWire, and because of this we never thought about supporting it.. until we discovered that finally ReWire would work with a dummy UI that does nothing in its process, and the UI in the same DLL as the processing.