[gmpi] Re: Req 76,78

  • From: "Didier Dambrin" <didid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 01:23:49 +0100

The ONLY valuable reason for me to imagine all communications passing by the host is.. a 'project has changed' flag, so that the user is asked to save his project when he tweaked something in it.
That's not much.. will the plugin support undo?

And the state of the plugin doesn't need to be the sum of these parameters. For ex, in some of my plugins I let the host save the state, but I save some default editor parameters in the registry.

Didier Dambrin wrote:
automation in VST is quite simple, when you want your UI tweak to be automated by the host, you just send a command. I see no headache here.

You're not gonna let the host automate every single message the plugin needs to send to its processing anyway, most won't even be automatable things.

I want every communication visible to the host. Since the data type "opaque binary data" exists, not every parameter will be interpretable by the host or readable by the user. But the entire state of the plugin must be nothing more than the sum of all of its parameters. Which implies that there are no backdoors.

-- Mike Berry Adobe Systems