[gmpi] Re: Req 76,78

  • From: Mike Berry <mberry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 09:22:15 -0700

Didier Dambrin wrote:

automation in VST is quite simple, when you want your UI tweak to be automated by the host, you just send a command. I see no headache here.

You're not gonna let the host automate every single message the plugin needs to send to its processing anyway, most won't even be automatable things.

I want every communication visible to the host. Since the data type "opaque binary data" exists, not every parameter will be interpretable by the host or readable by the user. But the entire state of the plugin must be nothing more than the sum of all of its parameters. Which implies that there are no backdoors.

-- Mike Berry Adobe Systems