[gmpi] Re: Req 76,78

  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:30:41 +0000

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 06:18:00 +0100, Didier Dambrin wrote:
> automation in VST is quite simple, when you want your UI tweak to be
> automated by the host, you just send a command. I see no headache here.

I would imagine thats because you've never used a system which provides
host automated automation. Its much easier, really.

> You're not gonna let the host automate every single message the plugin
> needs to send to its processing anyway, most won't even be automatable
> things.

Thats not my experience.

I find it interesting that you're arguning against a programming model
that you've never used, while those of us who have experience of both
models are firmly in favour of the host-mediated UI<->DSP link. It really
does make things much cleaner and easier in the long run, and provides the
users with more options.

- Steve