[gmpi] Re: Req 76,78

  • From: "Didier Dambrin" <didid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:47:26 +0100

the logic is that you think there's just a few to communicate between the GUI and the process. The concept of a very well separated GUI & process is kinda naive to me.

No, it's one that works very well indeed for 90% of plug-ins, but admittedly sucks for the remainder (including FL Studio). That's OK, we know that remainder is there, and there are other ways to deal with it.

90% *today*

This also because, for marketing reasons, people have been busy coding replicas of hardware, with replicas of hardware knobs over hardware-like backgrounds. Once everyone will be bored with that, GUI's will become more complex to allow easier/more intuitive/more complex interaction with audio.

Didier, if you're not convinced, take a look in the KvR database. Do you really want UI code from all those plug-ins, and all those vendors, being allowed to run in your nice, stable host?

I don't even want their process to run in my host. I'm not sure if the problem in most of them is really in the GUI.