[gmpi] Re: Req 76,78

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:16:50 -0800

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 08:02:33PM +0100, Robert Fehse wrote:
> >76: GUIs are not part of a DSP plugin with private access to the DSP
> internals.
>
> this sounds reasonable but for some plugin types i think this requirement is
> hardly to fullfill.
> how you would realize a display of the current output waveform or sampledata
> and so on ?
> i think it would be total overhead if these data must be sent to gui value
> by value.

Plugins and their DSP can run in the same memory space, they just should
not be tightly coupled.  Now, if this really proves impractical, we'll
see what we need to do.

> >78: Plugin GUIs must have the option to be resizeable.
>
> must have ?
> all plugins made with vstgui would have problems to meet this requirement i
> think.
> and most plugins simply don't need resizing.

Have the option - if a plugin wants to be resizeable, it can be.  If it
does not want to be resizeable, it does not have to be.  Can this be
worded better?