[gmpi] R: Re: Topic 1: Audience for and users of plugins

  • From: "Asnaghi Lucio" <lucio.asnaghi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:16:17 +0100

Just an addition..

Paul Davis wrote:
> i still feel that this list is too restrictive as worded. My
alternative: ...
> We anticipate its use with new designs featuring any combinations, or
numbers,
> of audio and music inputs and outputs.

We want gmpi be a plugin interface where we can make use of DATA
(audio/musical don't matter atm).
Do not make sense to me doing differentiation between types of plugins..
Since a plugin have multiple data ins/outs, just treat all plugins the
same way ( it is a "synth" or a "delay" or both ). If i have a plugin
with musical data in and audio out, it has to be treated the same way as
a plugin with audio in and musical data out, or both, the only thing
that change is different type of data provided to/from them.
What i mean is... Imho a "processor" with [midi/audio in - midi/audio
out] do not differs from a "generator" with [midi/audio in - midi/audio
out]. But i hope you have in mind this.

lou

=:.:= Webshield e250 Antivirus Appliance =:.:=
Email check: results OK
postmaster@xxxxxxxxx