[gmpi] R: Re: Topic 1: Audience for and users of plugins

  • From: "Asnaghi Lucio" <lucio.asnaghi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:48:23 +0100

Hi all,

> quoted from bram:
> A -quite- simple system of "I can proces XXXXX" would do.

Yeah, i think gmpi should support all way of handling datatype, i say,
it will supports natively floating points arithmetic but when there is
some other need ( cause hardware/host is supporting some others ) just
let the host know what type of datatype the plugin is actually handling
and returning. Then the host will decide how to handle it correctly.

> quote from steve blade:
> Let's face it - with anything new, it's got to be easier than the
"old" way of doing things, otherwise people won't want to
> use it. If it's going to be more difficult than working with VST,
people might just continue writing VST plugins and ignore
> GMPI.

I agree with you steve. Simplicity is one of the keys, but this not
means simplifying things in implementation, just simplify its usability
from the end-user/programmer side.

Lou