[gmpi] Re: Prototype Plugin Code

  • From: Jeff McClintock <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:47:36 +1300

> can we please get a C version of this stuff hashed out first?

Hi Paul,

I understand we are writting the SDK in C++. The lowest binary level only is C. Same as VST.

> and can someone please clarify the necessity of the __stdcall declaration?

Would be nice to remove it, but I understand it has to be in the header file so all compilation units 'see' the same function calling and return value convention. i.e. it's not replacable with a compiler switch.

Messy I know. But if you remove it, you lose the option of high-efficiency vtable compatibility. Even GCC needs the macro too, except it expands to the "__attribute__ stdcall" keywords instead.

Best Regards,
Jeff