[gmpi] Re: Parameters / controls / GMPI event system - refreshment

  • From: Jeff McClintock <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:17:40 +1300

Hi Tim,

> In fact, the deallocate is not really NEEDED

I agree.  Deallocation is redundant.

And why "Allocation"?

Send "note on VVID=34".

VVID 34 is now in use. simple.  "Allocation" is redundant.

Eliminate "Allocation", eliminate "deallocation".  You might have something.

> I want to be able to play C4 8 times at the same timestamp, and control the per-voice parameters of each instance independently.

No problem.  Use 8 different voice ID's.

Doesn't change my assertion:

For a keyboard-type instrument one fixed VVID per key is all you need.

Tune your keyboard however you like. Set all keys to the same pitch. Or some or none. It's orthogonal to the voice allocation scheme.

Best regards,
Jeff