[gmpi] Re: New Reqs 3.8 - Events

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:55:29 +1300

>Anyway, we're talking about ADDs and SUBs here.....

Agree, 32 or 64 bit timestamps aren't a question of efficiency.

 Parameter changes at 30 Hz compared to streaming audio at 96,000Hz are like
a trickle next to a fire hydrant.

And several of you are keen on 64bit audio samples, so why not 64bit
timestamps?

It's really a question of which is most convinent for us programmers. If
that's 32 or 64 is fine with me.

Best Regards,
Jeff