[gmpi] Re: MIDI: Proposed Requirements (wrap up try #1)

  • From: "Koen Tanghe" <koen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 01:46:34 +0200

On Thursday, June 24, 2004 7:57 AM [GMT+1=CET],
Tim Hockin <xxxthockin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> * It must be possible for plugins to send MIDI.
>
>   MORE:  One possible mechanism for plugins to send MIDI is for hosts to
>   provide a GMPI->MIDI output plugin.  Another possible option is for GMPI
>   to define a host-based API for accessing virtualized MIDI outputs.

Could we please change this into something like:
"It must be possible for plugins to send and/or receive GMPI musical event
messages (convertable to MIDI), no matter which audio I/O configuration the
plugin has (in and/or out)"

Just to make sure that any combination of audio and musical event inputs and
outputs is allowed. If this is already clear from other reqs, then sorry for
the nitpicking.

Koen