[gmpi] Re: MIDI: Common event coding

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:22:51 -0700

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 10:47:19PM -0700, Chris Grigg wrote:
> >If they are truly synced, why do you need the MIDI at all?
>
> Tim, I know this is hard for you to get your brain around, but that's
> actually the way some people prefer to think and work.  There is no

Then they're just knuckle-dragging troglodyte morons.  They need to be
brought into the late 20th century.

> and easiest-to-debug path to completion of the task.  I hope you can
> refrain from calling them -- my friends -- knuckle-dragging
> troglodyte morons for thinking differently about this than you do.

hey now, I never said that they were, until you put those wonderfully
colorful words in front of me.

This mail was in jest, of course, though I really find the "it's what we
know" and "we're too lazy to learn the new way" arguments a bit
distasteful.