[gmpi] Re: Item 0: Agenda

  • From: David Olofson <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:46:23 +0100

On Thursday 13 February 2003 15.19, RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Absolutely open for discussion.
>
> In another post you asked "what audience" and "what kinds of
> applications." I was thinking the same audience and applications
> that are using DirectX, VST, TDM, MAS, today.

Yeah, that's the "obvious" part.

> Plus, some
> applications that haven't been adequately served yet, like embedded
> systems (applicances, PDA's, cell phones), as well as gaming
> consoles.

Gaming consoles? :-) That's (part of) the domain of Audiality, which
is why it (still) supports integer processing and stuff.

Either way, I'd say that would include sound engines for (PC) computer
games and other multimedia productions as well. It's real handy not
being forced to use an entirely different tool set for these things.