[gmpi] Re: Item 0: Agenda

  • From: Mike Berry <mberry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:48:21 -0700

Please add to this versioning of GMPI as well. Of course we'll never need to change it, right? :)

Mike

NoelBorthwick@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Another item that is often not properly specified:

Version Control: - How do we manage versioning issues with plugins? - When a new release of a plugin comes out should it be backwards compatible
with earlier versions? i.e. Should DSP binary compatibility in the strict
sense be a requirement?
- Should plugin parameters be compatible across versions? How do we handle
enhancements to parameter ranges, etc.
- What model should be used for version control?

This topic would also be linked with persistence formats, preset management
etc.