[gmpi] Re: Item 0: Agenda

  • From: NoelBorthwick@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:37:11 -0500

Another item that is often not properly specified:

Version Control:
- How do we manage versioning issues with plugins?
- When a new release of a plugin comes out should it be backwards compatible
with earlier versions? i.e. Should DSP binary compatibility in the strict
sense be a requirement?
- Should plugin parameters be compatible across versions? How do we handle
enhancements to parameter ranges, etc.
- What model should be used for version control?

This topic would also be linked with persistence formats, preset management
etc.