[gmpi] Re: Item 0: Agenda

  • From: Marc Poirier <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:36:06 +0100 (CET)

> > Two more points I don't see reflected so far
> >
> > a) Meta data
> > What information does the plugin have to reveal about itself? How?
> > When? Manufacturer information, Version strings, Effect Type. Can this
> > information change over life time (variable properties)?
>
> My interpretation was that this was covered by:
>
> "12.  Enumeration (creation, discovery, etc.)
>  Create for use vs. query, what can a plugin do at creation time, RT
>  safety?
>
> If so it should include the word metadata though.

And this next point:

> > b) Plugin Life Time
> > What formal "states of life" has a plugin? Are there different levels
> > of initialization? When does which information/functionality exixt?

is already covered in that same section:

12.  Enumeration (Creation, Discovery, etc.)
   d. different levels of creation (just enough for host to
      inquire about properties plus another level to prepare
      resources for audio processing  [for more efficient
      scanning, and other issues], or only one simply level
      of creation)
   e. defined rules for plugin behavior at each creation
      stage. For instance, no user interface allowed during
      capability queries.