[gmpi] Re: Implementations?

  • From: "gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 16:22:17 -0500

I do not agree that GMPI should be only a compilation of existing
standards. I think it should substantially exceed the capabilities of
present plugin protocols. The present software is seriously hindering the
art of music, mainly by relying on completely inadequate representations of
musical time, pitch, and gesture.

However, I do agree with you that implementations with discussion would be
more helpful than pure discussion.