[gmpi] Re: "Gimpy" (was Re: XAP)

  • From: "Russell Borogove" <kaleja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:08:02 -0800

Tim Hockin wrote:
> I have to come forward and say that I detest the idea of calling my
plugins
> 'Gimpy' (GMPI).

I think the negative connotations might actually help
with geek credibility. Witness the success and good
reputation associated with SCSI (pronounced 'scuzzy',
which connotes filth) and the Apache web server (name
derived from its status as 'a patchy server' in the
early days). Geeks love ready-made slams against their
standards, and turn them into terms of endearment. :)

-Borogove