[gmpi] Re: Generalized Music Plugin Interface list is now onl ine

  • From: "gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:16:39 -0500

I propose that the semantics of MIDI be retained, with some extensions, an=
at a much higher precision=2E All fields should be doubles, controller
numbers should be extensible, channel numbers should be extensible,
timestamps should be absolute sample frames or absolute seconds=2E Possibl=
y,
additional data fields can also be added (spatial location, etc=2E)=2E

The plugin API can have a translation layer that takes conventional
byte-size MIDI and forwards it to the higher-precision interface, which is=

what the implemention is required to process=2E