[gmpi] Re: GMPI reqs draft 1 (part 2) for review

  • From: David Olofson <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:49:30 +0100

On Saturday 25 December 2004 03.16, Tim Hockin wrote:
> Hey all.  we're ALMOST DONE!@!!!
>
> Can I get anyone to spend some of their precious end-of-year time
> reviewing the last chunk of the reqs?
>
> Please read over sections 3.16 through 3.23 (and associated "more
> info" sections).  Comments, spelling, grammar, wording, or
> arguments are welcome.
>
> http://www.gmpi-plugins.org/gmpi/requirements.php

Sorry about lurking (if even that) for so long. The state at work is
(as usual) basically "we need to be done yesterday", and the rest of
my energy, and then some, is consumed by rebuilding the house and
other Real Life stuff.

Anyway, I read through the whole document while I was at it. Sections
3.16 through 3.23 look fine to me.

Small note on 4.10: Ramped or Smoothed Events
 "In fact, these audio-rate events can eliminate the
 need for ramps altogether."

    It might be worth noting that audio rate controls - actual
    or this bybrid kind - add hidden costs (downsampling) when
    plugins morph internal coefficients to avoid doing the full
    control value to coefficients transform for each sample.
      Of course, actual test data may prove that the cost of
    downsampling audio rate control data is insignificant. I
    guess this is sort of covered by the "experimental" part,
    but anyway...