[gmpi] Re: GIMPI-MIDI

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:43:08 +1300

Hi Michael,

Supporting score-driven music is important, but perhaps it's easier to use a
small 'wrapper' to perform the conversion.

i.e.
CSound-style                                                       MIDI
Style
[Start-time + Duration]  ---->[Converter]------>[Note-on],[Note-off]

The code would be trivial, but would save plugin writters from supporting
two different standards.

  I guess my main objection to sending an instrument a 'note-duration', is
that it has to store it somewhere, plus it has to understand musical-time,
and track tempo changes etc, quite a lot to implement in every instrument.

Best Regards,
Jeff