[gmpi] Re: Drilling down into MIDI->GMPI conversion

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:56:48 -0700

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 01:34:28PM -0400, Ron Kuper wrote:
> My fear is that we're going to lose this 1:1 translation in a high
> minded effort to do it The Right Way.

By the way, some hosts ALREADY do all this *TODAY*>  FLStudio, for
example, does not do much in the way of MiG, yet I can tie any of my MIDI
controllers to just about ANY parameter in the system, and it all works
beautifully.

And I'm proposing we make it work even BETTER with preferred MIDI maps.

Seriously, FLStudio does a great job with plugins, and it has NO RAW MIDI.
Try it.