[gmpi] Re: Drilling down into MIDI->GMPI conversion

  • From: "Ron Kuper" <RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:52:44 -0400

So they saw limitations in MIDI for parameters and provided a better
API.
<<<

DirectShow didn't address MIDI at first, except in DirectMusic.  The
provided a *different* API for DMusic, not necessarily better.

VST came before VST(i).  Steinberg added musical control in the most
sensible fashion for a commercial workstation, MIDI.

We see limits in MIDI for note control and can also provide a better
API.
<<<

So did everyone else who tried to create MIDI 2.0.  I don't want to
flame out that way.  Let some other working group tackle that.