[gmpi] Re: Drilling down into MIDI->GMPI conversion

  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:48:21 +0100

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 03:31:23 -0400, Ron Kuper wrote:
> Seriously, what do people think of this proposal:
>
> GMPI 1.0 supports MIDI as a control data type.  MIDI is the presumed
> music control language for GMPI 1.0, with the understanding that a
> better control language is out of scope for version 1.0.

This neither meets the existing requirements, not address any of the
concerns of automation. How would you propose mapping MIDI CC's (for
exmaple) to GMPI control ports (eg. my/port/path/x)?

I might equally say:

GMPI 1.0 supports MIDI a native API for control. The API is the presumed
music control API for GMPI 1.0, with the understanding that a better
control system is out of scope for version 1.0.