[gmpi] Re: Drilling down into MIDI->GMPI conversion

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:41:27 +1200

The real issue is that there is no *standard* way of doing these things.  So
mainstream sequencers don't support them.

We need a standard way to do per-voice controllers.

Chris G's proposal provides exactly that.  In a fully backward compatible
manner.

It's going to bring a lot of exciting 'experimental' stuff into the
mainstream.

I am very happy.

Jeff