[gmpi] Re: Drilling down into MIDI->GMPI conversion

  • From: Mike Berry <mberry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:29:26 -0600

Tom White wrote:

I also find it hard to believe that Premier users are likely to be musically savvy enough to see setting note parameters before they trigger notes as important... Can you tell us what customer application(s) you are using to make your decisions about what you need from GMPI?

When I posted these comments, they were deliberately stated to not reference Premiere or any Adobe app. They are from my own background as a composer and insturment builder. So please save the sarcastic commentary.

As for the rest, I stand by my assertion that using MIDI to communicate per voice parameter changes is a hack at best.

--
Mike Berry
Adobe Systems