[gmpi] Re: Drilling down into MIDI->GMPI conversion

  • From: "Tom White" <twhite@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:41:31 -0700

> It's AT BEST a gross hack:
>
> * 1 CC for each per-note parameter
> * 1 CC for the note # you want to modify

Why are you talking about Note numbers now? I thought you wanted
to modify a synthesizer voice?

You don't need to know the note number to do that, just the CC
number that is going to control that voice.

> You can modify 1 note at a a time.
>
> * 1 CC for each per-note parameter
> * 1 CC for each parameter to indicate which note
>
> You can modify 1 note per parameter.

You would have as many CC numbers as you would have voices and
parameters. One CC for each parameter for each voice. What's the
problem?

- Tom White