[gmpi] Re: Drilling down into MIDI->GMPI conversion

  • From: "Koen Tanghe" <koen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 01:27:30 +0200

On Wednesday, June 23, 2004 1:15 AM [GMT+1=CET],
Tim Hockin <xxxthockin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 01:10:15AM +0200, Koen Tanghe wrote:
>>> Mike, I proposed this same thing a couple times, but got no feedback.
>>
>> I currently have a plugin that has: audio in, audio out, MIDI out (that's
>> all VST currently supports). The MIDI out is sent to other plugins in the
>> graph.
>> Would this still be possible with the separation you're talking about?
>
> No.  Does it *have* to be MIDI or can it be GMPI control?

No, certainly not. GMPI would do fine.
But since the formulation was:
  "In other words, you choose to be in the event
   graph or the audio graph, but you can't straddle them"
it seemded like you guys were speaking about events *in general* (including
GMPI control events). If I *can* still have (non-MIDI) GMPI control that
sure is OK.
Koen