[gmpi] Re: Decision Time: 7.1.2

  • From: Chris Grigg <gmpi-public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:49:15 -0700

ok, i guess if we end up allowing more than one datatype, then inType
!= outType makes sense. but it doesn't make any sense otherwise(duh!).
in chris' original question about this, i felt that he was thinking
about something else. not sure why.

FWIW, I wasn't thinking it would matter whether the differences were on the input side, the output side, or both. Just thinking about the problem of representing more than one, and the conversions load for the host.

-- Chris G.