[gmpi] Re: DECISION: Decision making policy

  • From: jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:14:56 +1300

Ron
> - Comments or challenges received after the final deadline
do not
> count towards the group decision

Tim
> ACK, with one amendment.  Late comments might not be
> counted, but may be considered if they raise a valid
> concern as determined by the DECISION proposer.
>
> Or something like that.

Some people consider themselves to have 'won' an online
argument simply though sheer stamina.
  i.e by repeating their point at length until everyone else
gives up in exasperation.

 On the other hand, several people here's post?s are
infrequent, but of very high quality.  People typically with
day jobs writing music software.  They don't have the time
or energy to devote to long drawn-out arguments.

The 1 week 'hard' deadline is an excellent way to get good
decisions.  I wouldn?t like to see any loopholes that
allow anyone (including a decision proposer who didn?t
like the result) to draw the discussion out indefinitely.

Best Regards,
Jeff McClintock