[gmpi] Re: Can GMPI do this?

  • From: Mike Berry <mberry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:15:43 -0700

As far as I can tell, this is strictly a host issue, not a plugin architecture issue, unless of course the plugin architecture requires that UI be opened in modal windows, which is silly. With VST, for instance, there is no requirement that plugin UI be in modal windows, but some hosts do that anyways.
Obviously GMPI can't *DO* anything yet. But I have no expectation that GMPI would prohibit your desired behavior. On the other hand, GMPI certainly will not be able to mandate your desired behavior, either, and hosts that currently open VST or AU or whatever plugins modally will likely do the same with GMPI plugins.

Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

Hello.

In an audio editor, I make a selection and then run a plugin.
Plugin dialog appears and preview in playing.

Now I want re-adjust the selection in the editor, can I do it
without quitting the plugin?

Many plugins steal the show and there is no way to the editor
without quitting the plugin. Some plugins provide buttons to move
the selection edges but that is only a compromise solution.

Regards,
Juhana

--
Mike Berry