[gmpi] Re: BeOS API summary

  • From: "Ben Loftis" <ben@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 08:48:01 CDT

Here is my summary of the BeOS "media kit" API, as it applies to the GMPI
effort.

http://plugin.org.uk/GMPI/beos-review.html

I based it on Steve Harris' review of LADSPA and he has been kind enough to
host it on his server.  Thanks, Steve!  Questions, comments and corrections
should be sent to me rather than Steve.

It is very terse but I hope it answers the needed questions.  Personally I
think the BeOS API exemplifies many of the issues we have discussed...
threading, time representation, parameters and audio formats.  A lot of thought
obviously went into this design;  It would be nice to see it perpetuated.

-Ben Loftis