[gmpi] Re: Back to work: 7.1.3

  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:42:55 +0100

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 10:26:55 -0700, Tim Hockin wrote:
> Q 7.1.3: Do we support non-trivial encodings?  For example: 'LtRt' is a
> 4-channel encoding, stored on 2-channels, which uses phase information
> to decode into 4 channels.

I think were making this harder than it has to be, just let the host
decide and allow plugin to tag thier inputs with what there designed to
accept, and provide something the plugin can call to find out what the
inputs are.

Just decode on input doesn't make sense because you have LCRS plugins (eg.
prologic) that produce matrixed data inside the graph.