[gmpi] Back to work: 7.1.3

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 10:26:55 -0700 (PDT)

I'm back from a nice week off.  I'm reposting 7.1.3 since it got almost no
replies (thanks to the guys who replied).

Q 7.1.3: Do we support non-trivial encodings?  For example: 'LtRt' is a
4-channel encoding, stored on 2-channels, which uses phase information
to decode into 4 channels.

  a) Yes.  Plugins that care can accept those encodings.  LtRt data can
     only be connected to plugins which explicitly accept LtRt.

  b) Yes.  Plugins are not aware of encodings unless they ask about
     them.  LtRt data can be sent to any two-channel plugin.

  c) No.  Encodings are decoded when entering the GMPI graph.  LtRt is
     turned into 4 mono streams.

  d)  Other. Explain.