[gmpi] Re: [API] +++ RESET +++ (Busses)

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:47:27 -0800 (PST)

> and also is it necessary to define a buffer struct !?

I think it will be useful - we may want to have per-buffer information.  One
idea tossed around for XAP (for better or for worse) is a per-buffer SILENT
flag.  All buffers start out silent.  When you write to a buffer, you clear
the flag.

Plugins can recognize SILENT buffers and short-circuit, if it makes sense.

Maybe.