[gmpi] Re: [API] +++ RESET +++ (Busses)

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:58:51 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Urs Heckmann" <urs@xxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 11:23 PM
Subject: [gmpi] Re: [API] +++ RESET +++ (Busses)

> Am Dienstag, 11.02.03, um 23:01 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Tim Hockin:
>
> >> typedef struct {
> >> float *samples;
> >> long numSamples;
> >> double samplerate;
> >> int flags; // interleaved, read, write etc.
> >> } buffer;
> >
> > I'll argue until I am blue in the face that sample-rate should be
> > constant
> > and interleaved should PROBABLY not be an option.
> >

> My full sympathy. I just scribbled it up from what I'm used to...
>
> - Constant SampleRate
> - non-interleaved buffers

well, non - interleave is ok. it's better to process several mono buffer.
(especially when dealing with 5:1 or more processing)

For the samplerate, i don't understand exactly why this information is
provided in the buffer struct. Does it means that the plug-in can recieve
for example one buffer at 44.1 and 2 at 48 Khz !? does it means that the
buffer in can be set at 22Khz and output buffer at 96 Khz. ? ... well why
giving the samplerate in the buffer struct !?
and also is it necessary to define a buffer struct !?

Regards
Vincent Burel